Friday, February 17, 2012

Bang Bang!

If you were totally saying "BANG BANG.....POW POW DADDY" From the movie Couples Retreat, you are AWESOME. I wanted to thank all of you who have been reading so far and leaving comments! They mean a lot and give me great motivation to keep on trucking with this bad boy! So THANK YOU! :)


Now onto the bangs.
Don't you hate when you wake up and your hair looks great, besides yo greasy bangs. Who wants to wash their hair just because one section is funky. Waste-of-time. The reason why your bangs are the first to go whack, is because you are are always moving your bangs out of your face. It's a natural habit. When you do this you are transferring the grease from your fingers to your bangs and also whipping the hair against your greasy forehead. Resulting in some nice greasy bangs. (they are also a big contributor to acne on the forehead) So lets Talk about some hair styles your can do or products you can use to make your hair go at least one more day. 
WARNING: Please note that I am talking about prolonging having to wash your hair, not your whole body. Please continue to shower.

Dry Shampoos work perfectly to help absorb grease. The powder is supposed to absorb the oils in your hair, letting you go longer between washings. A little goes a long way with this product. Just spray on your roots and work it through to the ends. Here are some of my faves:


TIGI Rockaholic Dirty Secret Dry Shampoo


BIG SEXY HAIR Volumizing Dry Shampoo


KMS Hairplay Makeover

Now onto styles. First there is the simple pinned back bangs. Up and out of the face. 



NOT TO BE CONFUSED WITH THIS:
For the love. NO.
A little backcombing is fine ladies. Just try not to get carried away with the balloon on your head. 

Moving onto my favorite is the braided bang. There are so many possibilities with this style. 
aaand for those of us who don't walk around in our model poses....




And for the Braid illiterate, there is always the twist. It's only 2 strands.



Hope this helps! Let me know if you would like specific tutorials or you can just figure it out on your own :). 

Have a beautiful weekend. I get to go film something special tomorrow with Kamden! It is going to be amazing! More on that later. I also have been remodeling my bathroom so I'll do a before and after big reveal with that! <3

2 comments:

  1. I need help on styling my hair. Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love ALL the bang ideas I see (as I push my greasy bangs off my greasy forehead that has contracted acne from all the grease) I just wish I did not have an abundance in baby bangs. Without them this ideas would be fabulous. Maybe you could do a post on how to rid or hide those darn things. :)

    ReplyDelete