Monday, February 20, 2012

Let's Celebrate Our Presidents With Some Hawaiian Pancakes!

Happy President's Day! I hope you all are spening some wonderful quality time with your loved ones. I wasn't going to blog today, but since my kids are sickies and Kyle ran to Lowes, I figured I'd jump on real quick!  Can someone tell the these dang germs to go jump off a cliff?!! THEY ARE EVERYWHERE! We tried to avoid them but they found their way into my little guys anyway. :(
Our super awesome friends Cade and Kelsey just went to Hawaii a couple weeks ago and brought us back this delicacy:


That people, is COCONUT SYRUP straight from Hawaii.
She told me about these pancakes they ate for breakfast while they were there that had pineapple, bananas, white chocolate chips, and they were smothered with this crack sauce. So I went a searching and no one had a recipe for them! Can you believe it? So friends, my gift to you on this day of celebration for our presidents is... 
HEAVENLY HAWAIIAN PANCAKES
And let the hallelujah choir sing.......


Heavenly Hawaiian Pancakes

2 c. of your favorite pancake mix
1 c. milk
1/2-1 tsp. vanilla
2 eggs
1 c. crushed pineapple (not drained)
2 very ripe bananas
1/2 c. white chocolate chips (or more if you are feeling dangerous)

Place all ingredients in a bowel and mix together using your mixer. That way you don't have to pre-mash your bananas.
Heat your skillet to medium heat and butter/grease. Using a 1/4 c. measurer, scoop up the batter and pour it on your skillet. Let cook until you start to bubbles and then flip. Cook for a minute more or so. Immediately top with butter and then your Coconut Syrup!
Makes about 18 5in. pancakes.
***If you you don't have coconut syrup that's ok! Just use light Kayro syrup and you will still be in heaven!

I'm going to be way sad when my delicious syrup is gone, so I am going to attempt to make my own coconut syrup. If I can figure it out I'll be sure to post! 

Happy President's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment