Friday, March 16, 2012

Happy St. Patrick's Day!....

What up my peeps? I hope you all have had a wonderful week. I had another recipe to post about, but I figured your guys are probably thinking this is turning into a food blog. I do not have the street creeds OR photography skills for that type of blog. I DID how ever make this TUNA NOODLE CASSEROLE and it was delish! I made it almost as is, but I added peas instead of celery, (I really don't love me some celery) and I used french onions as my topping! I'm not big on tuna but we in need of some variety over here. So I tried it out and LOOOOOVED it! It did take a while to prepare so I recommend it for a day when you have time to make dinner, but definitely check it out!

This week I have begun preparing for my little man's first birthday. I cannot believe it! Check out his Birthday Invitation :)

I give credit where credit is due and I have to give a BIG thanks to JAMIE HEALY IMAGES for taking the little guy's photos. She does great work with kids!
We are throwing a mustache bash/ little man party. I will post the shindig after the celebration. 

Are you guys doing anything fun for St. Patricks day? Do you have any traditions? I've never done anything which the leprechaun visiting because Kamden hasn't been old enough. I might this year, but I'm not sure what I want to do. We DO however make green pancakes for breakfast and corned beef and cabbage for dinner. It sounds terrible but it is what I look forward to most for the month of march! ( I guess now that Hudson was born this month he might have to compete ) My picky MIL loved it! She said she would even make it which is HUGE!
Here is my recipe if you want to give it a go- ha ha...so much for no recipe today. But it is THAT good!


Corned Beef and Cabbage
 3 lb. corned beef brisket (make sure it comes with package of seasonings)
1 cup water
1 small bag of baby carrots
about 6-8 red potatoes halved ( depends on size )
1 medium onion chopped
1/2-1 head cabbage, cut into wedges (depends of how much you like cabbage)
1 cup maple-flavored or pancake syrup
1/2 cup yellow mustard
1 Tbsp. KRAFT Prepared Horseradish

Place corned beef in crock pot. Add water. Mix together maple syrup, mustard, and horseradish. Divide in half. Use half to glaze the corned beef and reserve the rest for serving. Sprinkle the seasoning packet on top of the corned beef. Add potatoes and onion and cook on low for 8 hours. Half way through ( 4 hours ) add the carrots and cabbage. 
Serve with remaining glaze as a sauce to top it off! YUM-O. Or should I say O'YUM!? Bahh ha ha :) In the words of my son Kamden "I am awesomeness"!



Happy St. Patty's Day Everyone!





P.S> Ya'll still need to tell me what YOU enjoy reading about most. Is it food? Hair? MY problems? ha ha. Let me know!







3 comments:

  1. That invitation is the cutest darn thing!! and Corned Beef and Cabbage is one of my favorite all time ever meals. I love hearing the "get ready" tips and I love the food. Honestly, don't theme this thing, just go with the flow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree...The invite is adorable! I really need to try and make the holidays even the one's I believe to be a little bit boring fun for my kids. I think the leprachaun will start making yearly visits come 2013.

    ReplyDelete