Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Attempting To Get Out Of The House: Wal-Mart Addition


How many of you LOOOOVE to run errands with your kids? If any of you are excitingly raising your hands screaming "I DO, I DO!!", you are liars. While off on one of my many adventures to Wal-Mart with the boys we were in stealth mode trying to get in and out as quickly as possible and hopefully without anyone noticing us. I MAY or MAY NOT have been ready that day. While dodging all the dumb people that do not understand that while walking the isles you treat it as if it were a road,
one direction to the right, the other to the left. It's common sense really.
otherwise you get this:
Which leads to this:
and then this:


Unfortunately the shopping cart matter is not the only gateway to a woman about to explode. Like for instant the mother in isle 14.
The boys and I turned down isle 14 to get some baking goods and it was one big ol' traffic jam mess. Clearly the fine people of Wal-Mart did not get my memo.
There was a young woman with her husband and  another young woman all shopping together. With about 7 kids between the two of them. While coding what ALL kids do in stores one child accidentally knocked over a muffin display. While trying to help clean the poor worker that had just stacked them a very wise woman walked by and said, and I quote:
"Why don't you have some more kids?"
That. Just. Happened. .............Speechless.  
Obviously the mom was so utterly shocked that her words escaped her and didn't return until the lady was out of hearing distance. My kids and I weren't unfortunately. But I felt for her so I just walked by and said "Don't worry about it, some women must forget what it was like, or they've never had kids." She mustered a frustrated "I guess" and I went on my marry way yelling at my own kids to sit down before their heads and the floor got a chance to meet. 
Happy Shopping Everyone :)

6 comments:

  1. People who shop at Wal-Mart always spell "aisles" wrong. Sounds like you should not only shop there, but maybe work there too... as a greeter. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think that is very nice of you to insinuate that the greeters have any less of an education as the other Wal-Mart employees. I would make a FINE cashier too! No spelling required.

      Delete
    2. Took the words out of my mouth, sheena! I would like to add..I would rather lose a spelling bee than be the class bully! Hey anonymous...if you haven't already been informed in your highly educated life,look up the word "cooth" or "couth". LOL

      Delete
  2. *laughing hysterically* (at your post and the above comment). I don't do the Wal-Mart thing, or the errands with my children thing. This story just solidified both those decisions. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually worked at Wal-Mart nine years ago as a cashier for the holiday season. I have a love hate relationship with Wally World now, but honestly it was fun working there. I don't know why, but no matter how busy we were the time just flew by. On top of it all I consider myself to a fabulous 'spellar!' ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alex VanOrden-MealerAugust 2, 2012 at 7:09 PM

    Wow who peed in your Cheerios anonymous?! Who cares if isles was spelled wrong! You still got what she meant right? Oh and aren't you reading her blog? I think that all your posts are fantastic!! Spelled wrong or right!

    ReplyDelete