Friday, August 22, 2014

Ohhhhh Back to School..

Ohhhhh...
Back To School
Back To School
To Prove To Dad That I'm Not A Fool
I've Got My Lunch Packed Up,
My Boots Tied Tight,
I Hope I Don't Get In A Fight
Ohhhh...
Back To School
Back To School
   Back To School...

Recently I  had the privilege of speaking to a group of youth girls about being back to school ready. They were just lovely and I am excited for them to enjoy what is next in their young adult life! I figured that there might be a few more of you out there looking for tips so I thought I would share what I taught. So I am going to go ahead and jump right in but I am going to let the master (Jamie) cover matters of the face next post. :)



Hair

1. It's a good rule of thumb to try to go as long as you can without washing your hair. Within reason of course. Using dry shampoo will help you last a little longer in-between washes. A lot of the times I will wear my hair straight after a wash and then I wear it curly/wavy as it gets closer to needing a wash. This also helps me go longer in-between. The reason you are doing this is to help allow your body's natural oils to condition your hair. 


2. Oils are great for smoothing and reducing frizz. 

3. Heat protectant is a MUST to reduce the damage we cause using hot tools. It will help keep your ends less dry and damaged. 
4. Taffy/Wax/Palmade are great for creating texture. especially on the ends of your wavy tresses. I'm not a huge advocate for products on the roots but these will also help tame those pesky fly-aways. 


5. The style. There are a ton of great options for hair these days so I thought I would list a few I'm digging on right now:

-Half Top Knot
Photo courtesy of my 4 year old….
-Top Knot

-Waves

-Headbands/Crowns

-Braids

Nails
If you want super cute nails but you don't want paint your nails only to have sheet marks on them next day followed by chipping.. You HAVE to try Jamberry Nails. They are nails wraps that come in a TON of different styles and they can last up to 2 weeks on your nails and 6 weeks on your toes!! You can find ones to match any outfit or if you don't, you can actually design your own! PLUS they are always buy 3 get one free. 
DUDE….
If you want to have a look around go check them out 

HERE


Clothes
As far as back to school shopping is concerned, some of my favorite places to shop at affordable prices are as followed:

-AE
-HM
                      -Kohls (gotta get that 30%!)
-Asos

A few of my favorite fall must haves are:

-Kimonos
asos.com
-A good pair of jeans (this is where I tend to splurge)
buckle.com
-Basic Tees
ae.com
-Riding Boots
amazon.com

-A Sweet Jacket
asos.com

-Pencil Skirt


Attitude



One of the most important parts of getting ready is your attitude. You are a daughter of a King and therefore you should act like it. What is a daughter of a King? A princess. How are most princess' portrayed?  They are compassionate, well poised, and kind. Much like our Father in Heaven and brother Jesus Christ. 
Make a list of your standards before the school year. Make a list of promises to yourself and place them where you can read it everyday. Keep your standards high and others will follow. Be the good. Be the example. Let your light shine and never feel ashamed for your beliefs and or morals. There are those around you without the gift you have been given that need your love and light. Therefore keep your judgments to yourself and instead reach out. Like they say, be kind, for everyone is facing their own battles. Stay loyal to the royal that runs deep within you. Start your days off with prayer and give thanks when needed and ask for help when needed.   
Remember that you are beautiful and that Heavenly Father has created you exactly how you are to fulfill a specific purpose in this life. A body for a purpose. 
Attitude and confidence when portrayed in the correct form is where the real beauty lies. Be confident, yet humble. Be assertive, yet compassionate. 
You are loved. You have a Father in Heaven and angels that are cheering for you to win. You can do this. You were born for it. 


Have a great school year all you beautiful girls! God Bless and good luck!
XoXo-
Sheena 









No comments:

Post a Comment