Monday, March 16, 2015

Dream Pie


I hope you all had a lovely weekend with a face full of Pi. I should let you all know that Jamie and baby are doing well. Thank you for all the thoughts and prayers. She can't wait to share him with the world, but first she is taking all the first moments for herself. I don't blame her. Aren't those the times we all wish we could relive? Those first cuddles, the grunts, that smell!!? Spoiler alert!!! He is so adorable!
We encountered a little more sickness at the end of the week. Friday I forced myself out of bed because Waffle Love was going to be in the area and I was tired of seeing everyone else devour all that yummyness. 
I felt like crap and it was STILL amazing. It was a big two thumbs up all around our household. But I'm sure the majority of Utah already knows how freaking good their waffles are. We ended our weekend with full bellies, clear noses, full spirits, and a new sectional couch. We had our old ones for almost 10 years. They had survived 2 newlyweds, 3 kids, and 1 puppy. It was time. They were a little hard to let go of even in their condition because not only were they a special gift from someone who is no longer with us, but they held the entirety of mine and Kyle's marriage so far. I know... they are just couches, but they are what I called home after each hospital stay with all three of my babies. Lots of snuggles have happened there.
It's taking forever but operation redo the whole dang house is almost ...halfway there. Can you spy a little darling? 

I love Pie. I don't love cake. Growing up I would request pies, brownies WITHOUT the crust, and occasionally funfetti cake. As soon as they got rid of the only frosting you could pair with a cake so full of fun they litterally put it in the name... I kinda just gave it up all together. P.S. Cupcakes are different than cake. They don't count. The cake-frosting ratio is soooo much better.
This recipe was given to me by my sister in law. The first time I made was was after a long day of canning peaches.
 Side note: Next time you can peaches, make a batch of raspberry peach jam. It will change your mornings forever. 
You can make this pie using any fresh fruit you please with any toppings. Normally I top the pie with whatever fruit I am using, but sometimes I get fancy and top a strawberry one with chocolate shavings, or like in this case I topped my pie with coconut chips. Just don't get upset when you find yourself eating this for breakfast. I've found myself there a few times... 


Dream Pie

8 oz. softened cream cheese
2 C. powdered sugar
8 oz.- 3C of cool whip or dream whip
1 heaping cup of fruit 
1 graham cracker crust
* toppings if desired 

Beat the softened cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth. Fold in the cool whip and then carefully do the same with the fruit. 
Pour the filling into your crust and add your desires toppings. Let the pie chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to an hour. 


XoXo, 
Sheena


No comments:

Post a Comment